This is the ninth time I join Susie’s fun photo black and white challenge.
In the past I have mostly photographed people, this time I choose pets, dogs and cats.“When I look into the eyes of an animal I don’t see an animal I see a living being, I see a friend, I feel a soul”
– Anthony Douglas Williams –“ If cats could talk they wouldn’t”
– Nan Porter –“Dogs eat – Cats dine”
– Ann Taylor –“Having a dog or a cat will open your heart. Reading a book will open your mind.
Having both a pet and a book… absolute heaven.
– Mark Rubenstein –“You can keep a dog but it is the Cat how keeps People because Cats find Humans useful domestic Animals”
– George Mikes –“Look at animals kindly, and they will see. Talk to animals gently, and they will listen”
– AD Williams – “All animals are born with innocence, curiosity and love”
– Anthony Douglas Williams –
Below are the images also in color for those who like to compare. And as always when it comes to quotes, we mustn’t take them too seriously, although some may be worth considering.
During the Second World War the Ta Qali National Park was used as an airfield. Today the park is very popular with Maltese people and a busy place on Saturday afternoons when many families gather for picnics.
There are many wild cats in the park and Fanny loves to chase them, luckily she never manage to catch any. They run too fast or climb on a tree. But when they lie down or humps, she’s scared of them.Dogs are allowed to run freely in the late afternoons but must be kept on leash all other times. This image with the green grass was taken after the rain, compared to the one above which was taken before. Within a few months, the grass will be so high that Funny is not visible. Then we play hide and seek.
My lovely stubborn and curious Basenji 💕
This week, Jen asks us to show an image/s of awakening or some kind of renewal.
While enjoying the awakening of nature after winter……seeing a butterfly is an obvious proof of that spring is has arrived……and when you see these you know that even this summer, you can enjoy eating fresh figs……while a wild cat yawning, renewed with energy after a few hours sleep in Independence gardens.